2018年9月11日 星期二

HK Wetland Park 11 Sep 2018 - Tiger Shrike

Not a bad start of today as I finally managed to flush two Pallas’s Grasshopper Warbler, one even perched for awhile and allowed a record shot, my first Locustella of this season (but now they change to another genus Helopsaltes according to IOC 8.2). Also a Besra mobbed by 4 Black Drongo.

Pallas's Grasshopper Warbler

Besra

The same Swin/tail Snipe presented for whole day but I still couldn’t get a shot to prove its ID.

Swin/tail Snipe - this snipe stayed here for nearly a week, actively molting its primary and long toe projection indicate Pintail (??)

Lunchtime was hot and quiet, only three calling Pale-legged Leaf Warbler until I flushed a very reddish bird, my first guess was an adult male Red-backed Shrike until this bird landed on floor then a bare branch, a smart looking juvenile Tiger Shrike in my Noctivid! Unluckily, I was too slow to take a photo (as a [skillless] birder we always look first before photo). I did try again in late afternoon but no more tiger, only an adult Crested Serpent Eagle.

Tiger Shrike is not a really rare species in HK (recorded every autumn, rare in spring) but strangely this is my second time to see here, while we saw plenty in mainland China and SE Asia (Wing Tung did find us a nice adult male in Singapore, though a bit far for good photos). Anyway, always fun to find something unexpected when we are bored.

Two typhoons are coming and may bring us something new and much more exciting.

沒有留言:

張貼留言