2019年10月19日 星期六

Ho Man Tin and Long Valley 19 Oct 2019 - what a life

After more than a month, I think its time to stop and think twice about the future path. While birding is really a good way to assist thinking.

We visited Ho Man Tin in the morning first, well, I still could not find my luck back. I missed the Orange-headed Thrush and only saw Brown Shrike, Arctic Warbler and Asian Brown Flycatcher, these common migrants.

Ho Man Tin: https://ebird.org/checklist/S60732560

Masked Laughingthrush - when can I continue my birding work

Light-vented Bulbul - a nice perch

We went Long Valley in the afternoon, slightly better, the noticeable migrants are 13 Yellow-breasted Bunting, a Chestnut-eared Bunting, single Common Kestrel, two Eastern Buzzard, two Oriental Honey Buzzard and the naughty Japanese Quail. 11 Greater Painted Snipe and the escaped White-headed Munia were also highlights of the day.

Long Valley: https://ebird.org/checklist/S60735414

And my 2019 HK Big Year is 264.

Chinese Blackbird - in flight

White-headed Munia and Scaly-breasted Munia

Common Kestrel

Chestnut-eared Bunting

Oriental Honey Buzzard

Eastern Buzzard

I even did not realise this is the October Big Day...

沒有留言:

張貼留言