2020年10月18日 星期日

Mai Po and Telford 18 Oct 2020 - Global Bird Weekend Day 2

Unexpected Locustella Day in both Mai Po and Telford where we saw Styan's Grasshopper Warbler and a very possible Middendorff's Grasshopper Warbler respectively. I would say this Midden is very possible but not definite because it is slightly different to what I saw in HKIA 5 years ago: smaller size, more streaky on flank sand undertail coverts (also less friendly). I am not a LBJ's expert and this bird was never well seen to me, with only reasonable view and poor photos so I could not eliminate the chance of hybridization (I don't think it is a pure Pallas's especially the rump is not rufous enough, quite plain in flight view) or just because of different subspecies (?). Short conclusion, I would not tick this individual if this was my first time but still delighted to see.

Anyway, Styan's was great comparing the time I ticked (still cannot compare to Miyakejima), at least two individuals with one giving us cool views.

Ahhhh, also two Taiga Bean Goose but worse than the first time when Koel found us ages ago.

When can I get a lifer?


photos later when I fix the software.

Taiga Bean Goose - which will be lumped back again very soon

Styan's Grasshopper Warbler - super long bill!

Styan's Grasshopper Warbler

Styan's Grasshopper Warbler

Besra

Pallas's Grasshopper Warbler

'The' Middendorff's Grasshopper Warbler - in some angle the mantle is plain

'The' Middendorff's Grasshopper Warbler 

'The' Middendorff's Grasshopper Warbler 

'The' Middendorff's Grasshopper Warbler 

'The' Middendorff's Grasshopper Warbler 

'The' Middendorff's Grasshopper Warbler - what a pic!

weak recording of Sakhalin Leaf Warbler but still able to see the frequency is below 5k Hz

Global Beer Weekend

沒有留言:

張貼留言