2018年10月12日 星期五

HK Wetland Park 10-12 Oct 2018 - dipping another warbler

Recently a Buff-throated Warbler was trapped in my place, which would be a first record in HK. So in the last three days I tried to relocate the bird but failed: again birds in my patch never stay for long.

In this cooler week, some noticeable migrants were recorded, include my 195th species - two Swinhoe's Minivet and 196th - two Oriental Honey Buzzard in different days.

Swinhoe's Minivet - also called Brown-rumped Minivet

Oriental Honey Buzzard

Warblers are my another favorite other than waders, plenty Black-browed Reed Warbler, Pale-legged and Sakhalin Leaf Warbler were here, also two Lanceolated Warbler with the one of the same individual as last week were seen well.

first Sakhalin

second Sakhalin

Furthermore, more Blue-tailed Bee-eater, both Hobby and Amur Falcon were seen in this week as expected, and also 15 Collared Crow which is my highest count in my local patch.

Eurasian Hobby - my first time to see Hobby hunting swallows

Amur Falcon - a very distant bird, but the wing shape can tell from Hobby

Besides Aves, one mongoose and one turtle were two surprised found during my dipping time.

Mongoose

a turtle - Chinese Stripe-necked Turtle?

this is alive!

I forget how many times Wing Tung and I dipped our targets but sometimes we could see and learn much more in this process than what we expected.

sunset of today

沒有留言:

張貼留言