2018年10月29日 星期一

HK Wetland Park 28 Oct 2018 - Watercock again

Today's weather was much better than yesterday, but I needed to go back to office.

Quick birding resulted my first Daurian Redstart this season, two Lanceolated Warbler, many Black-browed Reed Warbler still, Crested Serpent Eagle and 3 Eastern Buzzard. Two flying Sand Martin (formerly recognized as Pale Martin in HK), and a single Oriental Pratincole, the latter was a new in my patch for me.

Crested Serpent Eagle

Oriental Pratincole - not a Collared because of no white trailing edge, nor Black-winged because of no black underwing (I have 0.5s thought of Black-winged as this photo showed 'blackish' underwing)

and clearly this is just lighting problem

Sand Martin - their status (together with Pale Martin) and identification still need more study

I also flushed an interesting bunting, large-sized and very pale, probably Black/Red-headed Bunting in winter plumage.

Surprisingly, the female Watercock was still there (what a skulking bird), but again just flushed....

trust me, this is a Watercock

沒有留言:

張貼留言