2018年5月23日 星期三

HK Wetland Park 23 May 2018 - a new contract day

We are having an unusual hot and dry May this year, with nearly no more new passing migrants, make me miss the Marsh Grassbird, Green Pheasant and the Japanese food in Tokyo last May.

My new contract started today, and so the ‘first birding day’. Although I don’t know how long I will continue my working here, I will still go birdig whenever I am free and not lazy. Nothing new this week, still some Common Greenshank, the long staying Tufted Duck and Great Cormorant. A Pied Kingfisher family consists of 5 birds also attract many photographers to this park. But they are still too far for me to get a decent shot.

a long staying Great Cormorant

Pied Kingfisher

Pied Kingfisher, male shows double breast band like this

a long staying male Tufted Duck

as see in the left wing, some unusual molt, probably due to some sickness or damage, and the reason why it is still leaving here.

Sooty-headed Bulbul

Birds are busy breeding, coucals, mynas are busy feeding youngs, the Little Ringed Plover are still incubating, and more new nests were found.

White-breasted Waterhen incubating eggs

a Black-eared Kite nest, with an adult

沒有留言:

張貼留言